The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

First Day of School

All set.  They got new back packs this year.  I guess I'll have to get a picture.

Trying to tell Justin how to take the picture.

Thirby's bump is starting to poke out!

Making lunch after their two hour morning at school.

Kinder eggs, as per tradition on the first day of school!


I got Rapunzel.
Justin and Ashleigh are settling in to school.  They did sleep in this morning, so I think the excitement of school is beginning to wear off a bit.  Well, Justin had a good excuse.  Yesterday, at school, he ran a total of 2 km and then had his first night of karate for an hour and a half.

One thing that occupies my time while the kids are at school is making better meals.  Hopefully it lasts.  It has been my goal to meal plan for two years now, and I am finally doing it.  It is such a relief to do all of the planning on one day and not have it looming over me each day, "hmm, I wonder what we should have for dinner....guess it's chicken and rice again!"  The kids wouldn't mind, but Chris is tired of the same old.  I am happy that I have the desire to make better meals.  They aren't even that complicated and many are slow cooker meals that I found from a friend's web site.

Aside from the every day household tasks, I have also enjoyed meeting with friends, baking muffins for lunches and squeezing in the odd nap.  I find I do not need to every day, but glad I have the time to when I want to.

Justin and Ashleigh request that I pick them up at their classrooms, which I think is so cute.  Last year, we would meet on the playground.  It's the same school, but Justin has a different class room and Ashleigh is always wanting to show me things in her class room, or most of all, show of Shelby because I just bring her in the school with me now.  I'll enjoy these little moments for as long as I can because once baby comes, I might be home more, depending on naps.  And when they get older, they might not want me around as much ;0)




1 comment:

Diana said...

Justin has gotten so tall! Or maybe that's just because Ashleigh's head is tilted (practicing her cute beguiling ways no doubt). Nope - the vans in the back for reference, he really is tall!