The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What Excites Me and Makes Me Happy

  • Buying a box of dishwasher soap (100 tabs or pods or what ever they are called) on sale PLUS using a $3.00 off coupon bringing the total down to $11.96.  THEN finding the same box of dishwasher soap at another store for $21.00!!!

  • Using a $3.00 off coupon for laundry soap.  I LOVE cutting out coupons!  $3 off seems like a HUGE savings!

  • Only having to buy a few school supplies for J&A this year because they can re-use so much from last year.  Last year we had to buy almost everything on the list AND finances were tight taboot!

  •  Finally I am in the second trimester of this pregnancy!  Wahoo!  I am also forming a bit of a baby bump, not just a chubby tummy because of all the ice cream and snacks I have been indulging in!

  • Getting to know a new budgeting program that Chris found for us to use.  You can plan ahead for the months  ahead and it is way more organized than the spread sheets that I had formed, that if printed out would take up a whole wall of space, I am sure!

  • Having peace about our anniversary coming up and feeling quite content staying home and spending the evening together.  We have had a good year full of adventure.  We went to a hotel for my birthday, camped in the motor-home and went on road trips.  Last year, we were feeling quite broke from the move and I felt sad and depressed that we couldn't go out and celebrate.  It still turned out to be a good day, but... 

  •  Sunshine in my laundry room window :0)  Our last house had NO windows in the basement, which is where the laundry room was located.  In this house, there are small windows in the basement, but they make such a difference!  It doesn't feel like a cave downstairs!

No comments: