The other day, we were chatting about when the baby arrives. Justin wanted to know if we would have people over. I replied with, "well, not right away. Sometimes families with a new baby like time to themselves before they welcome visitors." Both J&A wondered why and I explained that mom's are usually tired. "Why are they tired", both kids asked. I explained the lack of sleep because mom's are usually up in the night with baby. Babies do not sleep all through they night.
Both J&A were surprised. "They don't sleep all through the night?" Ashleigh immediately assumed it is because babies are nocturnal. I told her they are not. It is just the way it is. Babies get hungry in the night, etc.
So now they know. New babies usually do not sleep all through the night and mamma is going to be tired.



No comments:
Post a Comment