The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Friday, March 22, 2013

First Day of Spring!


 We awoke to snow :0(  So disappointing!  Just the day before, the kids and I raked the lawn a bit and they have enjoyed riding bikes! I even remember looking at the snow shovels that were leaning up against the back of the house, thinking, we should put those away!  I know it has snowed on the first day of Spring before, but this was not just a skiff.  It snowed for most of the day!  Big flakes too!

By the end of the day, it melted away, all but in the forest where we went with the bikes yesterday. 
Going for a bike ride on the morning of March 18th.

Our driveway

Kids with "Spring has Sprung?" sign.

Ashleigh bending down to gather snow...

...and throwing it in air.  I like how she chose to make the best of it!

Ashleigh took this picture and then said, "you didn't smile".  My reply was, "I am not happy about the snow."

Elizabeth Lake on Monday March 18th.

Elizabeth Lake on Monday March 20th close to the same location as picture above.





So, it snowed on Wednesday, melted away by the end of the day, didn't snow yesterday and this morning, we awoke to snow again!  What will tomorrow be?

I thought the first day of Spring was the 21st of March, but my day timer and google both said it was the 20th.  Does it depend on the year?  I seem to recall all of the seasons begin on either the 20th or 21st of certain month.

No comments: