Well, yesterday, we sold the x-terra, aka, "Nellie".
We had been wanting to sell her for a long time, since before our move to Cranbrook. We figured she was too much for us and why not sell her, pay down some debt and settle for something less.
She's been a fun vehicle for us. Why when we first got her, Justin and Chris went on a Father/Son camping trip with friends and they slept in the back of her with the seats folded down, on a mattress. Justin loved it, Chris, well, not so much. I also remember when we first got Nellie, we stepped on the gas pedal and almost got whip-lash because she had way more power than our previous vehicle (a 1990 Nissan Pathfinder).
A few months before we got Nellie, I had been dreaming of getting an x-terra. I really fell in love with them. We researched them and then realized, maybe not. Then, Chris' brother found us one at the car dealership he worked at and we got an amazing deal on her. We were so excited to get her and then we couldn't wait to sell her.
I guess it was the right timing to sell. Like I said, we had been wanting to sell her for a long time, 1-2 years at least. Chris listed it early this week, and we got two inquiries about her on Thursday evening. One was a definite no, he lived too far away and the second wanted to see it Friday afternoon.
The kids helped me vacuum her yesterday and then we went to a pathetic car wash, but she looked better. I'll probably never forget the reactions of the kids, laughing so hard at the water automatically spraying the vehicle down from front to back. They thought it was a hoot and shouted out, "it's like we're in a flood!"
So, now what? We have Chris' truck to get us around town, but we won't all fit in it. Ha ha ha. Good times. We'll figure it out. Maybe us adults will take turns getting some exercise? Church is about the only place we'll be missing the vehicle that holds us all. It isn't that far away though. Soon, my in-laws will be arriving for a visit, bringing their motor home that they are lending us for the summer. We joked we could all ride around in that, not realized we'd actually sell the x-terra 3 weeks before it arrives.
I feel really blessed. We are without a family vehicle and I feel blessed. Crazy, hey? I think partly because, it always seems ideal if you can sell a vehicle before buying the next one, so you don't have two on your hands, just waiting for the one to sell. This time, it worked out for us!
We're looking at mini-vans. We've decided they are really not all that bad. I guess we finally swallowed our pride!





No comments:
Post a Comment