The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Merry Christmas!

We had a lovely Christmas.  We attended a beautiful Christmas Eve Service where Ashleigh was a part of a dance/drama and Chris helped with sound, lights and projection.  It was a late night, but so wonderful.  I really felt like this new place we live is "home". 

Before tucking the kids in bed on Christmas Eve, we all opened one present each and it was new pajamas.   I think it will be the beginning of a new tradition.   I can not wait to post pictures, but they are not off the cameras yet.

After opening our gifts to each other on Christmas morning, we went to church.   It was a small, intimate, short service.  I am so grateful for our church family.  I am also grateful for our family of four.  Chris, Justin and Ashleigh surprised me with a lovely poinsettia,  How did they know I was eying them up in the stores?  I didn't even tell them!  I also received a decorated vase with a beautiful bouquet of Gerber daisies and sparkly greenery.   I love home made gifts.

For the rest of Christmas day, we relaxed, opened a parcel that we forgot about and then went to a family's house for Christmas Dinner.  We enjoyed getting to know each other a little more.  We must have been having fun because we didn't leave until nearly 10:30!  That seems so late, but I'm pretty sure that 's how late it was!

So, I guess that is all for now.  I just wanted to journal a little bit before I forgot some thoughts.  Chris is back to work today and tomorrow and then it's the weekend.  I'll post pictures as soon as I can.  We had some computer problems a few weeks ago and lost all of our pictures since moving to Cranbrook!  Thankfully technology and my husband's skills retrieved all of them.  Things are not quite back to normal though, so until I know where to put the pictures, they remain on the cameras.






No comments: