The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Decorating For Christmas

This year we are decorating a little different. Something has to be tidied up before we can bring something out. The very first thing we did was take down Ashleigh's Birthday Decorations! Yes, they have been up since September!

Ashleigh bought this for Shelby.

The cookie/candy jar was one of the first things we pulled out. The salt & pepper snow man came out later.
All on her own, Ashleigh built most of the stable for our Nativity Scene! It is something we have had each year for the past 4 years or so. I wasn't sure if it was going to happen this year. She built about 2/3rd of it and then I helped build it taller. She wanted it even taller, but we were running out of pieces!


This was pulled out some time this week and the kids watched it while I was at work one evening.
This cute little pot was given to me last year from Justin and Ashleigh. I'm pretty sure it had a Pointsetta in it. This year, before we pulled out the pot, Chris bought me a Pointsetta, just the right size for it!
Our center piece for the table.


When I hung this up, Ashleigh said, "oh, not again! I want to put it some place else!" She must remember that I hang it in this door way pretty much every year! Good memory!

Not the best "background" to show of these beautiful pieces, but couldn't think of where else to put them.

My desire. I'ts how I want Christmas to be. I think we received this from my aunt this summer. It goes quite well above the toilet in the 1/2 bathroom.

It looks like I forgot to post the little snow man who sits on the back of the toilet. Ashleigh remembered from last year! Funny how she wanted it on the back of the toilet again, but that decoration in the door way (a few pics above), she wanted else where ;0)

Added December 6th:


Just added this yesterday. I've always wanted to show off these beautiful Christmas ornaments in a dish, but just havn't had the right one. Chris bought me this dish, so I could make what you see in the picture below:

Yum!! I probably won't get to making it until closer to Christmas, so he gave me permission to use it for a center piece ;0)

No comments: