The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Our Summer in Review




Justin and Ashleigh were in Swimming Lessons from July 5-16. I took pictures but will have to upload them later, as they are tricky to access right now.


Our teacher that works along side us for homeschooling, came for a home visit on July 19. She brought her 4 daughters ages 7(almost), 5, 2 and 10 months. Adorable little ones.

July 23-25: Camped at Manning Park with friends. There were 13 of us all together. Hadn't camped in 4 years. Hoped to go again this summer, but didn't work out..just as well, it IS a lot of work and it's been great hanging out at home ;0)


July 28-29, The Beaudry Family stayed with us. We went to the beach, Davison Orchard and the kids swam in our little pool in the back yard too. This is the 4th summer the Beaudry family came. We look forward to it each year.

July 30: The kids and I drove to Osoyoos to visit my Grandparents and pick up peaches. They blessed us with 60lbs and lots of other veggies from their garden!

We had about a week in between company and on August 6, my Aunt and Uncle came for 2 nights. I'll have t post that picture later. One high light was, they drove the kids and I (in their suburban) to the bmx track to watch Justin ride around.


Some time in all this, Chris and I canned cherries and peaches for the first time!

August 8th, we met friends in Penticton for the day. They camp for the week and we visit them at their site, on the beach and in the little playground (Their son and Justin playing on tires above) at the campsite for the day. This is our 3rd year in a row doing this. One high light of this trip was Chris burried J&A and Isaiah (their son) in the sand.

August 8-9: 11 people stayed at our place! (I posted on that a few posts back)

We spent many a days at the beach, although I don't think I have one picture. Will have to when we go one last time ;0)
We also only had our little pool set up for a month! Good news! We might be able to use it next year too! (Usually we throw it away at the end of the summer as the heat, etc, destroys it)

August 25th: Chris and I celebrated 12 years of marriage

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a pleasantly full summer break.