The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Letter For Justin

(I read the rough draft to Justin today. This is the modified version.)

January 4, 2010


Tomorrow you will be 7 years old! Wow!

Tonight before I went to bed, I blew up 7 balloons for you to see in the morning. I placed them on your chair, beside your bed. Then, I sat down on your bed, kissed you on the forehead and held your hand (you were squeezing mine too). I prayed for you. I prayed that
the Lord would have peace for you this year, that he would calm your fears and anxieties. I thanked the Lord for you. I thanked the Lord that we had no problems conceiving you and am so grateful. We are so blessed!

Justin, you are joyful, full of energy and excitement! You are smart, a good student in home school. You are getting better at printing letters and are learning new math problems each day! You can do up the zipper of your coat, help set and clear the table. You like to help me by pushing the cart in the grocery store and bringing the groceries inside the house when we get home.

You are a great encourager to your sister, to your dad and to me. When Ashleigh accomplishes something, like doing up the zipper on her coat, or printing letters in school, you say in an excited voice, "Good girl! I am so proud of you Ashleigh!" Daddy recently set up a train set and you said over and over, "I'm proud of you Daddy, for setting up the train set!" When I helped out with the Kid's choir luncheon at church, you said, "You're a good worker mom!" (and gave me a hug). Also, when Daddy and I were having an argument and I stomped downstairs, you followed me. I can not remember what you said, but my response was, "Daddy and I aren't getting along right now". You then said, "I'll be your friend, mom". So sweet.

In seven years I have carried you, held you, rocked you, let you go, laughed with you, cried with you and danced with you. We've played lego, play dough, tag and did crafts together.

I love you Justin Daniel!

Love,
Mom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful letter and a keepsake for sure.

Patti said...

What a sweet letter to treasure for a lifetime. They grow up so fast, don't they!