Well, we finally "bit the bullet" and took Shelby to the Groomer. She was very matted and we were warned that it might cost extra and were totally prepared to pay it. The Groomer phoned us when it was time to pick up Shelby and explained the ordeal of cutting all of those mats out and gave us some advice. She also wants us to come back again, so kindly waived the extra charges!
It was really hard to get a picture of Shelby because she wouldn't sit still. Could it be that we were just finishing up supper and she couldn't wait to get under the table to "tidy up"?
I'm embarrassed to say this, but now that we've had Shelby almost a year, it's about time we start taking care of her. We need to brush her at least twice a week, so I've chosen Sundays and Thursdays to be her brushing days. We've decided to take Shelby to the Groomer once a month. Her experience will only get better with time. The Groomer wasn't pleased with the result Shelby's face, but we're happy! (I guess Shelby would only let the Groomer do so much)
Our plan is to keep Shelby's hair this short, all year round. It'll be MUCH easier to maintain. Oh, and the groomer said she'd pluck Shelby's ear hairs too (a task we havn't kept up with, but we are supposed to do)! She has this special powder that will soften things and in 2 pulls from each ear, she is done! I'm sure Shelby won't love this part, but it'll be done so fast compared to the constant plucking I try that takes forever because I can only get so much with tweezers.
So, there you have it! A well groomed Shih Tzu.



5 comments:
Shelby looks very nice with her new haircut. We just shaved Ginger down for the summer since she was covered in mats too. We were too cheap to go to the groomer's though and did it ourselves.
Thanks Sonya! Good for you! That's quite a job! We attempted to shave Shelby a couple of times, because we were too cheap, but then gave up. I never realized that the mats really pull at the dog's skin, so we hope to not let it get that bad again! When someone told us, we felt so bad :0( We thought, ok, we'll brush her every day, but the Groomer said 2 times a week. That I can handle!
She looks so cute! Love the bow~!!
Good looking dog now ;)
haven't updated the blog haven't gotten pictures I wanted to download right .. so its going to be a bit.. however I need to tell you I'm pregnant. :D SURPRISE! lol
Love Jodi
Oh Jodi! This is SUCH great news! Congratulations!!! Wahoo!
Post a Comment