The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Road Rash






Well, it wasn't Justin's first road rash, but first at BMX practice. :0(

I saw it when they stopped to see me at work and then Chris put a band-aid on it, but Justin wanted to take the band-aid off in the morning, so that " I could take a picture, for the whole world to see" (those were his words).


















There is a little mark on his leg too.















In April, Justin joined BMX and he goes to practice once a week. He has come SO far in such a short time. He'd been to the track before, but never really rode on it. He pushed his bike over the hills and rode a llittle bit. Then he started going to practices and could do half of the track! I remember the first time I saw him do this (on a night when I didn't have to work) and I was so proud. Then Justin progressed to the FULL track! One day, during the day, I took him to the track and he had it all to himself and showed me that he could do the FULL track, not once (that was the requirement set by Daddy as he didn't want to do it), but three or four times!! Wahoo! There are some big hills on the FULL track! Again, I was so proud :0)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boys and their 'war wounds'. It must be a genetic thing. :)

Anonymous said...

Definitely genetic. I can remember some of Chris' war wounds. The header with the tree when the brakes failed, the bike he destroyed in 3 weeks by just riding it.... MANY cuts, scrapes etc...I'm sure Mom has pictures of him and his giant scabs.

Go Justin...I'll be looking for him in the X-Games in a few years.

P.S. My hubby Chris used to race BMX. He still rides a lot. Recently he went to a local skate park and "fell" off a ramp and got attacked by his bike (24" cruiser BMX). He had a HUGE bruise for about a month and still has swelling and pain from it.

(Chris' big sis Heather, can't remember my blogger identity at the moment :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Andrew still has training wheels on. I'm impressed.
Colleen