The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Monday, July 13, 2009

Home Schooling, Year One

June 8th, we completed our first year of homeschooling! At the beginning of this, I really thought we'd work through the summer, to try and get ahead. Well, as our school year came to an end, I realized that a break would be needed :0) This way, we have time to get excited about starting again in the fall!

I asked Justin what he liked most about school this year and his reply was,
"the patterns".

I said, "oh for Math?"
and then he said, "um, naaah. I liked English!" Some things we did for English was gluing "bran" to the uppercase and lowercase letter "B", "oatmeal" to the uppercase and lowercase letter "O".

I then said to Justin, "my favorite part of homeschooling was watching you color a rainbow bird and bald eagle picture and seeing him get excited about learning." I thought about it later and also enjoyed reading the animal stories that were divided in to four lessons and often would leave Justin and Ashleigh in suspense.

I've been going through pictures of things we did and learned through out the school year. Enjoy! Thanks to Justin's other teacher (whom we submitted Justin's school work to all year) for the great idea!


Justin's rainbow bird (top right hand corner).


Field trip to a local orchard.

Justin pretending he is selling these apples at a local orchard. There were many different kinds.

Rolling around in shredded paper. The purpose of this activity was "gross body awarness", "cleaning up" and another was "fine motor skills". We didn't really practice the fine motor skills part because we didn't crumple of the paper prior to this event. Chris happened to have a huge garbage bag full of this stuff that I kept, knowing it would come in handy some time, and voila, it did!
Making shapes in salt (on a piece of red paper).

These three pictures in a row are hilarious! Here is the finished product of gluing "bran" to the letter "B".


Going for a hike and finding this.

On our hike, Justin sat down, right in the middle of the trail and ate his snack! :0)

I'm sure I could find more, but I want to hurry up and post this already (I started putting this together weeks ago)!

Bye!

1 comment:

jessica said...

That's a great post!!! Justin is such a character! Have a great rest of you summer!