The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Second Post for May!

Wow! I didn't realize I was slacking THAT much!

May has been a busy month. With swimming lessons twice a week, going to a lake on the Saturday of the long weekend, a birthday party that Ashleigh and I attended, special visitors...fun, fun, fun!!!

Chris and some friends built us a beautiful patio shelter in our back yard. Yeah, we put our company to work. We do want them to come back though!

Oh and thanks to our crazy neighbor Chris, who drives a dump truck, for delivering our materials for our shelter over the patio!

Here are some pics:



The materials for shelter over patio. We need some shade!!

The next 2 pictures were taken while the guys were unloading the materials.

So even though this swing set is everyone's to share, I just found out that this is Ashleigh's "train" or "boat", and the swing with the seats facing each other is Justin's "train". They spend quite a bit of time here. Sometimes they'll even ride together, but most of the time they are on their "trains".


Justin swinging the bat around...


Preparing the footings.


Do you like the wooden spoon cement mixer?? This block went over the rebar.


I helped carry this first piece up. It wasn't that heavy, but holding it while Chris fastened his side...ay yi yi! Yeah, I wined.




Our friend Jocelyn even climbed up on the fence to help!



It went up fast! They started last Sunday after lunch and they worked pretty much non stop. It was finished (minus roofing it) by supper.


Chris and Nate. He looks happy, Nate, but really he was worn out. He and his wife, Jocelyn, just got back from traveling the world for the past 8 months!




Good Bye Nate and Jocelyn. Thanks for coming to see us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your backyard is lookin' good! And the patio cover looks really nice.