March 17th: I finally added the missing pictures.
I have not even finished posting all of the pictures from Christmas showing how I was blessed and here we are in March already. My birthday has come and gone and life is GOOD!
The kids are still sleeping, so I should be doing home work as we are in Spring Break now and they'll be
On Friday, I turned 35 and we started off the day by getting the kids ready for school. Chris had the day off, so he joined us in walking the long walk to school (5 min). Justin has been walking to school on his own, so usually it is just Ashleigh and I. A family walk was good. Once we said bye to the kids, Chris and I went for a short walk around the block, with the dog.
When we got home, he got right to work finishing some shelves for our cold room in the basement. Oh wait, I think we watched the latest episode of, "Big Bang Theory" first.
We had a lovely morning together and then at lunch time, the kids came home and we got ready to head to Creston for my amazing birthday adventure!
Ok, I am running short on time, so I'll get to the point. Details of every moment of the day might come later, but if they don't, you'll get the just of what happened.
The drive to Creston was beautiful! Our first stop was the Creston Museum where we saw a model train exhibit amongst other cool things. There was a pool table that folded down in to a couch!
Chris was intrigued by the old motors.
We then went out for dinner. The food was most scrumptios. I ordered steak with mushrooms and onions! MMMmmmmmmmmm.
| Ashleigh ordered lasagna. This was a small. She had a few bites and we took the rest to go where she made it last a few days. Such huge portions! Chris also ordered lasagna. |
| Justin with his over-sized pizza pocket! I forget what it was really called, but it may as well be a pizza pocket! There was cheese, ham and pineapple inside! |
| Because it was my birthday, I got a piece of birthday cake free of charge! It was black forest! I needed help eating it because I was so stuffed from the steak dinner! |
A nice lady at the restaurant took a picture of us and guess what? The lady whom she was sitting with, photo bombed it!
I'll let you know, after dinner, we stayed at the new Ramada Inn for one night.
This is how happy I was to be staying in a Hotel:
Added at 10:04pm
These pictures make me smile. We thought it would be fun to take our matching pajamas to the hotel and then take pictures! Again, you can not see Chris (or Justin's) pajama bottoms! Same thing happened in the first pictures we took at Christmas!



1 comment:
Awesome birthday adventure! I was born in Creston :)
Post a Comment