The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Happy 14 years My Honey!

 Yesterday was our 14 year Wedding Anniversary.  We didn't do anything big (well, if I count all of the errands Ashleigh and I did, that was big), but did have some fun moments.  I'm not going to lie,  it was also a tough day because I think we were both feeling a bit of financial strain.  Chris seemed more positive about it all, than me.  :0)  Renting this house in Cranbrook and still owning our home in Vernon has been tough!  Chris has put in a ton of over time and it has helped us immensely.  However, with the cost of moving, putting some more finishing touches on our Vernon place, making a couple trips back to Vernon (once as a family, once just Chris), we're just trying to keep up!  The market isn't good right now, so we're hoping for a good renter. 

It was not our first anniversary where we were feeling broke.  I remember last year, using some birthday money that I had saved to pay for our lunch date. ;0)  We were also preparing for our big adventure of Chris going off to train school (which meant taking a cut in pay),

                         While out grocery shopping I picked up some chocolate croissants. 


Mmmmm, they sure were tasty.  Chris took a bite out of eveyone's as he handed them out.
We tried to get some nice pictures, but I think it really only meant something to me, so after two attempts, I gave up.

A co-worker of Chris' that he went to train school with, Matt, was in town, so he joined us for dinner, "Beans and Wieners".  We then joined another co-worker of Chris', Earl and his wife Colleen, for a back yard camp fire. I'm really glad we chose to hang out with people on our anniversary.   It felt so good to socialize.

Oh and another high light was thinking how cute it was that while Ashleigh and I were out Grocery shopping, she wanted me to tell all the cashiers that we saw that it was our anniversary.  :0)



I do apologize if this seems like a depressing post, but am only journal-ling my thoughts, so I can one day look back and see how far we've come or what our journey was.

No comments: