
Chris bought the kids cinnamon heart candies and a tube of Lindor chocolate for me :0) After dessert, there wasn't really time for the kids to watch a show, so I read to them from a chapter book that we have on the go.
Then by 7pm, Chris tucked them in bed. It seems early, but when they get up at 6:30am for school, and it takes them awhile to wind down, the earlier the better! Plus, Chris and I couldn't have too late of an evening as we had to get up at 4am the next morning so he could head of to Kamloops for work.
Chris and I watched three episodes of "The Middle", a super funny sit-com. We enjoyed some delicious wine and the chocolate that he bought for me (yes I shared with my honey). By 9pm or maybe even a bit before, we were heading to bed.
And that was how we spent our 16th Valentine's Day together :0) I really appreciated that Chris drove home to see us. I think my favorite part of the day was dreaming up the restaurant idea and showing love to our family of four (by serving them dinner and dessert in the living room). Praise God that I did not have to work outside of the home that day, so I had the time and energy to be creative! :0)
Valentine's day is not just a romantic holiday for couples. I've done little things for the kids before on Valentine's Day, but this year seemed different. I loved watching their excitement when they received around 20 Valentine's from their class mates! That was a first for them both :-)
I could go on and on, but just wanted to journal this as I never got pictures of the chocolates and wine because I am trying not to take pictures of EVERYTHING in life. Some things you just have to enjoy and live and, and, and....I keep thinking I am NOT o.c.d., but there are times when I just can not help it ;0)



No comments:
Post a Comment