The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Friday, October 29, 2010

Home Schooling High Lights for This Past Week


1) Friday October 22nd - We joined the Salmon Arm Young Naturalists Club and went on a hike with a Geologist! We learned a lot about rocks. When I asked Justin what he like about the hike he said, "it was awesome!" He was also THRILLED about the caterpillar that he found.
When I asked Ashleigh what she like about the hike, her response was, "I don't like hikes." She did find some worms that she held on to for a long time though ;0)

2) Monday October 25th, 2010 - J&A created pictures for their new pen pals.


Here is a video explaining Justin's drawing of a meteorite.



3a) October 27th, 2010 - Ashleigh got to dress up at ballet.



3b) October 27th, 2010 - Justin and Chris were commended by their music teacher, Mr. Phillips, on how well their timing was when they played "Star Light, Star Bright", together. (Justin with guitar, Chris with ukulele).

3 comments:

jessica said...

Wow! Such great learning happening! I personally love taking nature walks. I figure if you make just one or two new discoveries during each nature walk,eventually you'll know a lot about nature! The other wonderful think about nature learning is that it is never ending. Amazing!

You look adorable in your ballet outfit Ashleigh and great job with your meteor diagram Justin!

Thank you also for the pictures in the mail. :)
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I know this post is highlighting your children, but all I can think about is how funny I find it that Chris plays the ukulele.

Caroline said...

Yeah, well, he has done well for teaching himself. :0) (Prior to going to music lessons with Justin)

I try to be as encouraging as I can. I'm proud of him!

(Please don't mock him about it)