The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Friday, August 06, 2010

More Camping pictures



The bathrooms were about 10 sites away. We survived...so glad the kids are past the potty training stage, although Ashleigh did have one accident, but with watermelon, pop and a mommy who just won't stop chatting away to people...yeah, she was actually very cute doing the "pee dance" saying "mom, I have to go!" and she even ran ahead of me just to try and get there in time ;0)
This is Justin on the way back from a trip to the bathroom.


Here is Ashleigh holding her tooth brush. We're on the way back from brushing our teeth. Having running toilets and showers and sinks to brush teeth in was a luxury for me!


There was camp fire ban, but we still roasted marshmallows on the little barb-que. :0)


Justin managed to catch his on fire :0)

Jiffy Popcorn on the camp stove. This is something that was important for me to do, for Justin because every time we went in to a certain Grocery Store where they have them displayed by the cash registers, Justin would ask, "can we get this" and my reply was always, "not now, those are for camping!".


Chris with the popcorn and kids gathered around him. He joked that he came to our friends campsite, next to us, so any spilled pop corn would attract the bears and we wouldn't get bears at our site ;0)

Justin awoke early one of the mornings and we had a couple of hours together, just him and I, drinking hot chocolate and colouring and trying to be quiet. It was a special time together.

Ashleigh and I also had a moment together, just her and I and no one else around. We ate some chocolate together and other little snacks.

2 comments:

Jocelyn Lord said...

Camping is the greatest. You are are sequestered into a small cozy space, there are no distractions other than a cranky squirrl and everything tastes delicious. Looks like you had a delightful time. I also really like the flower picture at the top of your blog

Caroline said...

Speaking of a cranky squirrel, Justin tried to catch one, (or a chipmunk) in his bug jar ;0)

Yeah, we had fun :0)

Oh yes, the flower picture. Thank you! It is taken from my kitchen window box. I'm glad I took it when I did, while it looks nice because Chris' hops plant has almost taken over! You should see it!