Yesterday was a "home day". There were two things I wanted to get done, here at home, and we did. I say we, because I involved Justin and Ashleigh too. :0)
I wanted to vacuum the vehicle and clean out the school drawer. Two things doesn't seem like much on the to-do list, but it was a start and I'm glad I didn't hope to get more done, as these things took the majority of the day!
Justin and Ashleigh were both eager to help vacuum and having two vacuums was a PLUS! One would have the shop vacuum and the other the little tiny power-less one that plugs in to the cigarette lighter (that isn't that great, but the kids love it) and then they'd switch ;0) Justin even had fun sucking up an ear wig on the drive way and taking the vacuum nozzle to the weeds (that never uprooted, but he loved there reaction of standing straight up on end) ;0) Ashleigh was so cute in that once the back of the vehicle was done, she crawled right in to the beach blanket and got cozey ;0)
I was thankful that the front of our house doesn't get the morning sun, so it was some what cool out there for the whole morning!
Our other project for the day involved cleaning out the school drawer and bringing up some games and puzzles from the basement to place in that drawer. Justin and Ashleigh have SO many games and puzzles that we often forget about them because they are tucked away in the basement. This way, only a few at a time are at their finger tips, so less chance for DISASTER! I think they are almost at an age where I could make all of their puzzles/games available to them at all times, but for now we'll rotate them.
I was really happy that we had a "home day" and that we could just take as long as we needed to get the two projects DONE! I was also really happy that we have such a good little shop vacuum that Chris picked up at a garage sale for $5! (apparently it was mis-priced, but the man gave it to Chris for $5 anyways).
While J&A were enthralled in their puzzles, I also got our camping stuff put away! When we got home on the 25th of July, we just bombed stuff to the bottom of the basement stairs as we were focussing on getting the house ready for company arriving on the 26th! We'd been tripping over sleeping bags and collapsed air mattresses in the living room for days (as we used some for our visitors) and it was SOOOO good to finally get that done! Wahoo!
Well, I best go and get some stuff done. We have for visitors coming this afternoon and some Sunday night as well. It's great living in "Paradise" :0)



No comments:
Post a Comment