On Thursday, I got to work in "first booth" of drive-thru for the first time! 
I've always wanted to give it a go and after over a year of working at McDonalds and only about my 8th time working at the McDonalds with a drive-thru (I'm usually at the one inside Wal-Mart), I was asked. It was so exciting and I was all "giddy" inside. :0)
All I had to do was take people's orders and money and say, "Drive on thru to the 3rd window and have a great night!"
A funny thing happened during this. Some customers dropped some money while handing it to me and when they pulled away, I noticed it wasn't just a quarter and dime, but also a loonie! I knew I was off soon, so I just thought I'd pick it up on my way to my vehicle and hand it in. I couldn't let it go though, so I looked around for something to help me reach it and spotted a broom and dust pan. Luckly the dust pan had a nice long handle, so since nobody was appearing to come through drive-thru, I reached out and swept up the money. Right in the middle of it all, the manager came back and said, "How's it going Carol---" and before she could finish saying my name, I turned around laughing and said, "out of all the times for you time check on me, you come while I am doing this?" Ha ha ha ha ha ha, yeah we were laughing pretty hard. I said, "so do I get a special award for this?" Her reply was, "yup!"



No comments:
Post a Comment