The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Justin's Second Race!


Last night Justin raced at BMX for his second time. (His first time was way back in October). Out of 3 races, he placed 1st twice and 2nd once.

Way to go Justin! We're proud of you!

He wasn't interested in racing last year, so we didn't push him. Then his teacher suggest he race the last race of the season to see how he do, before he moved to "full track" this year. He did well and received a trophy!

The first few practices this year, Justin did "half track". When we asked his teacher if she thought he was ready to move to "full track" because we sensed he was getting bored of half track practices, she wanted to see him race "half track"again before he officially moved up, so we signed him up.

After last night, he wants to race all of the time! Wow! I work Tuesdays, so I think I'll book every other one off. We weren't expecting this, but are really proud and excited for him! I was all teary eyed watching him as I didn't see him in person in October. Chris videod it and I think I was still teary eyed, but there was something about watching him "live"!

4 comments:

Jocelyn Lord said...

that is awesome - way to go justin!

sarah said...

Woo Hoo!! Great Job Justin!

Katie said...

Justin is awesome!!!!

Leanne Marie said...

Sweet, my nephew James 13 races on Tuesday nights and so does his dad Mark!