Well, I am updating the blog, for Sarah. :0) Aparantly I havn't blogged in 5 days!
This week was pretty crazy in that I worked 5pm-10pm Monday-Friday! Usually I only work Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursdays. I realized how much I enjoy that! I'm working 5 evenings/week for 2.5 weeks, to earn some extra cash because tax return wasn't what we thought it would be and we want to get some things done around the house. Glad it's only temporary. ;0)
Wednesday was tough because in my head, I knew it was my third evening working and kept thinking it was Thursday, usually my last shift for the week, but I had two more to do!
Friday, I was at the busier McDonalds (I usually work at the one INSIDE Wal-Mart) and had the opportunity to work the "drive thru". I didn't take the orders, but put them together. I was doing pretty good for awhile, it wasn't too busy and I was able to keep up. I was happy that everyone seemed cheerful that came by to pick up their orders. Then it got a little crazy and was moved back to front window, taking people's orders that came in the restaurant.
It was fun to do something different. The best part, was I was off at 10 and everyone else was there until midnight or one in the morning! I also didn't have to worry about getting the "close" done, all the cleaning and such I'm usually responsible for at the other McDonalds.
Oh and a funny moment was when I needed help working the milk shake machine, (there isn't on at the Wal-Mart Mcdonalds) and later a young girl (18), commenting how cute it was that I needed assistance!



3 comments:
Thanks for that Caroline!!
Its nice to be reminded of the things that we have that we take for granted... It takes losing something, or being without it to appreciate it sometimes!!
One more week to go!!!
Thanks Sarah!
Yup, one more week of Mon-Fri and then it's Mon-Thurs the following week and then we go away. Yahoo!
Yikes! What a crazy week!
Post a Comment