Last Tuesday, the 6th, Justin took part in his first BMX race! We are SO proud of him!
Since he began BMX in April, he hasn't wanted to race and we havn't wanted to push him. He does enjoy the practice nights though and with me working Tuesday evenings (race nights) and having one vehicle to get me to work and the rest of the family to and from BMX, we just left it at that.
Monday the 5th was the last practice night of the season and when we asked his teacher what to do for next year (keep him in half track or move him up), her reply was, "I'd like to see him race." Chris and I didn't see any reason why not to, and after discussing how I could get home from work and such, we decided to give it a go. I was sad I'd miss the big event because I had to work, but at the same time happy that Justin got to take part in this. :0)
This is a video of Justin's last race. You can't see him at first because it is dark out, but then you can spot him in the red vest. He is referred to as "Gilbank". He was 3rd right up until the end when he pedaled fast and came in 2nd! (Out of the 3 races, he placed 3rd, 2nd and 2nd)
After the big event, Justin, Ashleigh and Chris dropped by work to see me and show off his trophy. I was so proud of our boy!



No comments:
Post a Comment