The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Most of you already know, but for those who don't...

...here is our "new to us" vehicle.

We are so blessed. 11 days later (I wrote this awhile ago), I am still in awe.

This is a dream vehicle for us. A couple of months ago, I told Chris that I would really really like one. We looked in to it and soon realized that this type of vehicle is very expensive. So, we got over it and thought about other S.U.V's like the jeep cherokee and just kept waiting for the right time.


Well, on August 22nd, Chris was replacing the tie rods on our previous vehicle, a 1990 Pathfinder and realized it needed new tires and some other things and when should we stop putting money in this old thing that is nearly20 years old?!

We were in touch with Chris' brother who is an assistant manager at a Nissan dealership in the Lower Mainland. He mentioned this vehicle and at first we said "no", because it had high kilometers. Then Chris took a look at the pathfinder and found some things that needed fixing. Then Chris' brother starting talking about how low our vehicle payment would be. Things were rolling right along and we are so happy with the decision we made.

It is a 2005 Nissan Xterra.
Night Armour Grey in Color
Air Conditioning!!!!
4X4
Everything that we wanted in our next vehicle and more!

We are so pleased that we are able to do this vehicle payment with my earnings from McDonalds. I didn't want all of what I make to go to a payment, it works out to about half of my monthly income, goes to the monthly payment. If I have to book the odd day off, I can, with no stress about how we'll make the payment.

God is good! His timing is perfect.

So, we bid farewell to our Pathfinder. In the last 3.5 years, we have had so much FUN with our first S.U.V. We made many memories, that is for sure.

Good bye "Betsie" (that's what I called it).

Note: A friend of ours decided to buy "Betsie". Yahoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Isn't getting a new vehicle fun and exciting?

Caroline said...

Oh yeah!