The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Friday, December 05, 2008

"My Space"...



...also known as "Mommy's Hide-Out", "Mommy's office", "Mommy's Spa" (yes I do have a foot bath in there).


My room is finally complete (minus the ceiling, although you can't tell in this picture). Sunday night I began painting and was finished by Tuesday morning! I decided to be funny and call it "My Space" like the web pages you can create on the internet, but I do not have a computer in this room, on purpose!



This is where I come to work on a puzzle, maybe I'll do some scrap booking or sewing some time. I have a clock radio in here where I often listen to CBC, funny, because I hated listening to it as a kid.


This room was always meant to be mine. It also has the washing machine and dryer in it, which is fine (you can see the laundry tub and edge of washing machine). When we first moved in to this place, the freezer was placed down here, temporarly, so it was a bit crowded. I spent some time down there, but always hoped to do more with the room.

A couple of months ago, the freezer finally made it up to the kitchen, so I was able to set up the room with more space to work with and the first thing I wanted to do was paint. It just took me awhile to get started. A couple of weeks ago, I washed the walls, and then got distracted with a puzzle. Well, last week, I became determined to put some fresh paint on the walls by the end of the weekend. We had the materials, I just needed the motivation. So, Sunday evening I started and would wake up early to get a coat of paint on the walls before everyone awoke.





What a difference! It was an ugly light blue before and now a beautiful "highland buff".


Here I framed some art work of Justin and Ashleigh's. It is actually their first time painting and they created it together in 2006.



I've been spending quite a bit of time down in "My Space". I've even invited Justin and Ashleigh to spend some time down with me to, working on their puzzles or just playing. Funny, because I didn't want to share my room before. I do get some by myself time with just me and "My Space", at quiet time and before everyone wakes up and when the kidlets go to bet, (ok, so maybe that is a lot of time!)but am glad I enjoy sharing it too.










Oh, I also wall papered the wall above the washing machine, dryer. It's actually fabric, not wall paper, but I cut the strips (actually for valences for curtains) to length and it looks much better than ugly unfinished dry wall.









Here is a before picture of this room.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a terrific job transforming the room! It looks like a perfect little hideaway.

Caroline said...

Thanks Sonya!

Andrea said...

Wow, did you ever! It is sure nice to have a space of your own, eh?