My dad and his brother did something special for Ashleigh's birthday. They had their guitars with them and played "Happy Birthday". It sounded so full and professional. Ashleigh also played along with them with her new harmonica that she had just received from Grandpa (my dad).
I made the cake, my sister iced it and put "Dora" on it, and the kids helped to decorate it.
Ashleigh wanted to have place cards at the table. I am not sure where she got the idea, but it was hers. So, even though the children were the only ones sitting down at the table, we made place cards for all. Underneath the place cards for the adults were mini chocolate bars for them to take home and the children got loot bags of course!
By 1pm, our guests were gone, so we spent the afternoon veggin' (getting over the sugar high) and after a light supper, we danced some more to some happy birthday songs that we found on the internet (strawberry shortcake and the Beatles... a duet)



1 comment:
Sounds like a fun party! The cake is awesome. And I love Ashley's dress!
Post a Comment