The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Monday, June 25, 2007

We're moving again...



...yup, bought a townhouse. :0) :0) It's in a 4-plex, so no strata!!! We're in between the 1st and 3rd one (the 4th one isn't in the pic).

Justin, Ashleigh and I looked at it on the 14th while Chris was away, training in Vancouver. It met all of our "needs" and "wants". I was ready to put an offer on it then and there, but our realtor felt confident to wait a day. Our realtor asked if the other realtor (who's selling it), could let her know the minute anyone else was interested. Friday the 15th, she phoned me and said someone else was interested and did I want to put an offer on the place. I said "yes!" Chris was on his way back from Vancouver at the time, but I was able to talk it over with him via cell phones, before I went down to the realtor's office to place the offer.

That night, 7ish, (Friday the 15th), we all went over to the place, so Chris could have a look. He was very pleased with it. :0) :0)

Not long after we got home (8:30ish), our realtor phoned to say that our offer was accepted!!!!!!!! Wahoo!

Saturday morning, we all went down to the realtor's office to have the first subject removed (Chris approving it).

By the end of Saturday, our mortgage broker said we were approved for financing by the bank and by Monday or Tuesday, we would know if we were approved by CMHC (I think I got those letters in the right order). I forget what day we found out, but we're fully approved.

Wednesday, we had the building inspector come and all looks good except the roof. It's in such terrible condition actually that our insurance company won't insure it! It's the original roof, which means it is 27 years old! They'll insure everything else though! Wahoo!

So, all the rest of the subjects got removed Friday or Saturday and now we are just waiting for the lawyer's office to phone and go pay our closing costs.

Everything has gone so smoothly and we are so greatful for God's hand in this.

July 20th was the original date of possession, but we asked if we could have sooner and the lawyer's office said, "yes" :0) :0)

July 13th we get the keys and can empty our storage unit (which is at the same area of town as our new place, South Vernon). Then we can start prep work to paint! :0) :0) We aren't going to worry about replacing the floor's right now, but will get the carpets professionally cleaned, after painting ;0)


I'll post a few more pics.

Now I have to make a ticker to count down the days!

Bye for now!!!



oh, I forgot to mention, it was the yard which pretty much sold us. It is 17ft wide by 75ft long!!!!!!!!! Fully fenced!!!

This is the view from the living room:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah, Nelly! that is a tremendous backyard!

Congrats!

~Jessica~

the jordans said...

Fantastic! Way to leave us Jordans in the dust (vancouver) heheehee! Very exciting news indeed! Glad the kids get a yard too! whoohooo!
Go Gilbanks Go!

Caroline said...

thanks Jordan Family :0)