The entry hallway.
Dishwasher.
Ooooohhh... a stove....
There is an identical light fixture to this one in the living room. Sweet, eh?
Basement. Caroline is happy about the laundry tub.Now we go upstairs.
We will be accepting donations in the form of light fixtures...
It's not yellow, its "Autumn Sunrise". Apparently it can be re-glazed for not too much money that I don't have.
The "pink" room. 103.5 sq ft.
The "blue" room. 114 sq ft.
The "tan" room. 78.6 sq ft.
Our realtor found that ladybug/sandbox from another client's house. They didn't want it, and I was complaining about our kids playing in that little pile of sand that cats probably "use". The kids were pretty excited about it.
And to think. I just bought a sweet LITTLE electric lawn mower because I didn't figure we would be able to get a house with much of a yard anyhow. That's about 1260 sq ft of lawn and 350 sq ft of concrete. Canadian Tire said they wouldn't take back the small lawnmower because it has already been used.I guess I am going to be getting my exercise this summer with the tiny lawn mower. It has a mowing width of 14".
Assuming a 2" overlap, we are talking 18 laps, or 395meters of MOWING. Almost half a km of mowing. (The lawn is about 17.5' X 72')
With a 21" mower, it would be 241 meters.
Sweeeet.
Building inspector said the roof needs to be done before winter. I have priced it out, and it aint too bad if I do it myself. If I convince the other 2 owners (seperate roof, same building) to do it at the same time, I get more help. To our left is a single lady and her daughter, so I don't imagine they would be helping much on the roof. They can be ground cleanup.
The complex. It is just a 4-plex, not a real townhouse, so we don't have a strata. There is a young family to our right (Bob and Cara) with a 3 year old son. We got to meet them today. They also drive a pathfinder. To their right is a single guy named Chris. He has an uninsured pathfinder. Bob and I simultaneously said that we should buy Chris' pathfinder for a parts truck.Conclusion:
We are pretty stoked!
We are just squeaking into the housing market, and are giving everything we've got to make it work. It helps that our realtor has told us that there has been NOTHING else under $200K. We knew we were making the right choice when we took it, but that is just confirmation.
Other then the roof and paint, there is nothing that HAS to be done right away. Sure we would like to put in new toilets, flooring, cupboards, and stuff, but I guess we are going to have to wait. That and I have sweet plans for building a patio. Good thing I don't have a bbq or I would be tempted to build a patio asap.
This isn't our dream house, but it is a step in the right direction. We have no immediate plans to sell (yet) but if we fix up the aesthetics a bit, it isn't hard to see that we should have some equity pretty quickly. I guess we just have to see how it fits for us. Compared to what we are used to? This is pretty awesome!
Chris.



7 comments:
Great pics guys! Very exciting! Looks like it's just what you need & you'll be very happy. With the good neighbors, great backyard, & your personal touches, it's fantastic! :-)
Don't feel bad about the Autumn Sunrise...we have that same 'beautiful' color in our bathroom as well!
Congratulations! How are you enjoying Vernon so far?
erin: thank you :0) Vernon is great! Chris is loving his new job as a electrical technician for grocery store printers (scales in meat, bakery departments, etc)...
Congratulations on your new home!! It must feel so GREAT to have a place all your own and with an oven too!!! I admire all the sacrifices you made in Maple Ridge to be at home with you two precious kids. Enjoy the blessings God is giving you...you deserve it!!!
Cara Lee
Your home looks beautiful.
Hey Chris can you give me you're little lawn mower? I have an old ceiling fan/light combo you can have. But you have to bring them to me. Just down the street from Aimee...J/K
Anyway I'm online again and will get some pictures out to y'all once I get a chance. My computer and my monitor are having a fight and refuse to work together in anything other than 'safe mode'. Aimee's friend Robert (I don't know if you've heard about him yet) can take a look at it tomorrow when he gets here and see what's up.
Anyway enjoy the reno's. Mine are stalled out by lack of money. I need all my electrical re-wired...yikes. Over 5 grand to an electritian. But Ernie can do it and it'll be OK.
From big sis Heather...Now in Pennsylvania.
Post a Comment