I'm not sure how many of you have checked out my "profile", but if you did, you'll notice, I selected "all of the above".
I work in the following "Industries":
Accounting: Balancing the budget.
Advertising: "FOR THE FOURTH AND FINAL TIME, I SAID SUPPER TIME!!!" or "Look,I know you want the truck your sister is playing with, but THIS truck is WAY better".
Agriculture: farming???I assist Ashleigh and Justin in feeding the fish... or is that Aquaculture?
Architecture: definition: the profession of designing buildings, open areas, communities, and other artificial constructions and environments, usually with some regard to aesthetic effect. Architecture often includes design or selection of furnishings and decorations, supervision of construction work, and the examination, restoration, or remodeling of existing buildings. Can you say LEGO!
Arts: Crayons and play-doh!
Automotive: Someone has to build lego trucks!
Banking: On-Line, love it!
Biotech: I once picked a button out of poop.
Business Services: Scheduling Dentist, Dr. and Eye appointments.
Chemicals: Cleaning the bathroom counts for sure.
Communications/Media: I communicate with all of you through email and for sure this "blog" counts for media
Construction: See "architecture".
Consulting: definition: employed or involved in giving professional advice to the public..."Now children, if you step on a bee, it WILL sting you" (moments before Ashleigh's first bee sting... in the middle of her foot)
Education: I teach Justin and Ashleigh songs, counting, the alphabet, days of the week and right now we are learning the months of the year.
Engineering: See "Construction".
Environment: "Put that slug back where you found it!"
Fashion: "OK everybody, out of your pajamas, its time for supper"
Government: "Listen, I'M THE MOM, I MAKE THE RULES!"
Human Resources: "You! Stop pulling his hair!"
Internet: I "surf" it well, thank you.
Investment Banking: Invest money? Who has money left over to invest?
Law: Now, Justin and Ashleigh, you will listen to ME!
Law Enforcement/Security: "NO kicking each other! Both of you, to your rooms for a TIME OUT!"
Manufacturing: definition: the making or producing of anything "I made that dinner for you out of love, NOW EAT IT BEFORE I SPANK YOU AND SEND YOU TO BED EARLY!!!"
Maritime: definition: bordering on the sea. Hmmmmm, I am related to someone who bordered on the sea from Livorno Italy to Monaco, my husband, so that must count for experience!
Marketing: "Honestly, blue freezies taste better then purple freezies".
Military: "LISTEN SOLDIERS, IF THIS LIVING ROOM ISN'T CLEAN BY THE TIME GENERAL DADDY COMES HOME, 20 PUSH UPS!!!"
Museums/Libraries: "NO STOMPING ON YOUR BOOKS!!!"
Non-Profit: Ha ha ha ha ha
Publishing: I frequently publish something new on this blog!
Real Estate: "Justin, you get the Bob the Builder couch, and Ashleigh, you get the Dora the Explorer couch"
Religion: "Ashleigh, you don't need to hit your head on the table when we pray."
Science: "Yes Justin, that bug has eyes"
Sports/Recreation: "kick the ball, NOT YOUR SISTER"
Student: I'm never to old to learn.
Telecommunications: Love talking on the phone (except to telemarketers), but the children often experience, "mom's talking on the phone syndrome" (come on, we all did that to our parents!)
Tourism: "Lets drive to the park and watch trains"
Transportation: walking counts!
Note:
Chris did help me with this, but didn't come up with all of the definitions, just some.



4 comments:
I LOVE it. Can I borrow it? Or just send it to me in an e-mail. I have the same occupation.
Except in agriculture. Emi LOVES planting seeds in flower pots.
Right now she wants to grow some carrots.
oops. Forgot to say it's me Heather again.
That's great! So funny...and so true! ;)
Thanks for sending me the link to get me up-to-date. Was catching up on the past posts and hve to say -- this is one of my faves!
~Jessica
Post a Comment