The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Monday, October 30, 2006

The Gilbank's Are Ahead of the Game!

Yesterday was a very funny day for us. I awoke bright and early at 6:15 in the morning and had my shower while the rest of the household was fast asleep. Both Justin and Ashleigh awoke shortly after, but I encouraged them to go back to sleep because we had a late night, the night before (and mommy wanted some more quiet time before they awoke).

By 7:15ish am, I woke up Chris saying we had to leave for church in an hour. He rolled out of bed shortly after and we had some nice quiet time together, chatting in the kitchen. Close to 8am, we actually had to get Justin and Ashleigh out of bed and start getting them ready for church.

It was a bit of a rush. I was mostly ready, so that helped. We couldn't be late, as I was volunteering in the nursery.

We pulled out of the driveway at precisly 8:32, thinking we were right on schedule. We arrived at church at 8:45. The parking lot was empty. Huh? What? I was a bit confused, but more distracted with Chris taking the opportunity to do some burn outs through the parking lot (we just got the truck back after not having it for a month. It got a new/used engine in it and we were very pleased that the mechanic put a rush on it so we'll have it for our road trip on Wednesday).

I said to Chris (in a high pitched voice), "What's going on?"
He replied with, "What's going on? What's going on is we forgot the time change!!"

Ah hah!
So we did. Just the day before I overheard someone talking of it, but was in bedroom putting Ashleigh down for a nap and thought that yeah, the time change is sometime this month, but never gave it another thought.

So what do we do for an hour? Well, there was some grocery shopping we needed to do this day, so to Save-On we went!

I remembered everything that I had written on my list, which was at home. We then proceeded to Tim Hortens where we hoped to see other's from our congregation that also forgot about the time change.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention. When we left the church parking lot, Justin said in a confused manner, "go to church?" We explained that church was starting later this day, for some strange reason...

I really enjoyed the extra hour we had to hang out as a family. I know Chris would have enjoyed more sleep, but I felt well rested! More time in the day! Great!

When we got home, guess what we forgot to do? Change our clocks!

As we were eating lunch, I did find it weird that it was already 12:50pm. I thought nothing of it though, and just thought, we better put Ashleigh down for her nap before we have to leave for my aunt's place for birthday cake.

Well, Ashleigh didn't sleep, so after Justin's quiet time was over, we all got ready to go over to my aunt's and uncle's to help celebrate my aunt's birthday by eating cake. Ashleigh could sleep in the truck...

We got to the albion ferry line up and I called my aunt's and left a message saying it was about 2:20 and we'd probably arrive at her place by 3pm. Chris thought around 3:30, but we would see who's guess was correct...

Chris put his feet up and reclined his seat to take a nap. Shortly after, I had to take Ashleigh to the washroom. When I came back, Chris was awake and said, "the guy on the radio said it is 1:46. Is it 1:46 or 2:46?"

HA HA HA HA

Yup, we were fooled again. But that's good, because the sooner we got to my aunt's the better! We couldn't stay long because we had plans for dinner at home.

Chris said, that I guess I was right, we'd get there closer to 3, than 3:30. (It was 2:14pm...)

We had a nice enjoyable visit with my aunt, uncle and cousins. They were all full from the huge brunch they went to, so I think we were the only ones that enjoyed the cake. "Too Tall" Cake, from m&m meat shops. The lemon is even better than the chocolate........mmmmmmmmmm....

At 4:34pm, we headed for home. We needed to start supper as soon as we got home.

I remember looking at the clock and seeing it was 6:45 and thought, oh well, I guess we'll eat late tonight, seeing as supper won't be ready until 8ish...oh well.....

Ha!

A few minutes later, we realized we were fooled yet once again! Wahoo! It was closer to 6, not 7! So dinner would be ready closer to 7, not 8!

It was an hour later, that I finally changed the clocks back!!!!!!!!!!!! But in that hour, we were aware of the time, finally. We were! Honest! Hey, I wasn't even going to admit being tricked 3 times!

I have to say, we're usually pretty good about remembering these things. We even had company the night before and usually when we are around a crowd of people, this topic is always discussed!

I also have to say, this is a first, being tricked THREE times in ONE day!

Oh and as mad as we are at "Telus" (we now deal with Roger's for cell phone), they do have one up (and only one up) on Roger's for keeping the time change better up to date. It wasn't until 10am that Roger's finally changed the cell phone clock.

Ah, what a fun memory though.

So that was our day.

Happy Time Change!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so hilarious!! I can't believe that you forgot 3 times! :)

Caroline said...

yeah, pretty crazy, hey? Thanks for commenting. I always look forward to hearing from you ;0)

Anonymous said...

three times in one day!

Got your money's worth out of this time change, that is for sure!

Thanks for sharing your story.

Mine is pretty boring.

Went to bed on Saturday night at 8:45 (which translates into 7:45 if you count the time change -- and I did because I turend the clocks in my room back when I went to bed. There are five clocks in my room, not counting the computer and cell phone times which change all by theirselves.....sigh..

imaybe shouldnt admit to that -- it is not like I am obsessed with time or anything........

~Jessica~

Tawny said...

HI! I just got your link to the the blog, this is great! Sorry I missed ya on sunday, that darn time change hey! Love the pics of your family on here!!!
I dont even have your email I really shoudl get it from ya. talk to ya soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey caroline! Ya I was home super super sick on sunday! The flu went through our house! I heard Abby was really rough in the nursery! Thats no good! I actually had intended on moving her to the toddler class that sunday, oh well. have a great time, ya we missed ya last night it was a fun night! talk to ya soon!
tawny
our email is mynamehusbandsname@shaw.ca can you crack the code????