Well, it wasn't exactly little as there were 13 of us, children and adults included. It was simple though. We showed up, sang happy birthday, put out a small fire, ate our strawberry shortcake, and opened a few gifts. Then the children enjoyed playing in the park.
Here are some pictures and more details to the "small fire"...
Our friend, Jessica, turned 30 yesterday (the 4th) and so it was a joint birthday celebration. I just know my husband well and packed both boxes of candles, so we'd have 30 for Jessica and 2 for Ashleigh :0)

We of course ate Strawberry Shortcake for the Strawberry Shortcake themed party. Here, Chris is lighting all the candles on the 2 cupcakes that he prepared for Jessica while she and her nephew, Isaiah watch.

Oh no! The whipped cream melted from the heat of the candle and fell and started the plate on fire and melted the plastic table cloth!

Look at the smoke! A person passing by said, "someone must be old to cause that much smoke!"

Then we re-sang Happy Birthday to Ashleigh...

The 13 of us, well 12, I am taking the picture...

Mommy and Ashleigh

The theme for Jessica's gift giving was "30", so I thought it would be funny to get her 30 rolls of toilet paper! It's useful! We also gave her 30 pens that had her name on each one. The highlight of the whole party (besides the small fire) was when Jessica opened the toilet paper and her nephew saw what it was, her yelled, "DIAPERS!" Too funny!!

I love this picture. Ashleigh looks so grown up! Justin is holding a Strawberry Shortcake Doll and Ashleigh is holding another tiny doll. Both are PERFECT for the new doll house! Ashleigh also recieved Strawberry Shortcake Books and a Bedtime Book of Bible Stories.
We all had a great time and it was all I hoped it would be (except being a little chilly when the sun went down, but we survived) and other than that, it was a beautiful Autumn Day!
I can't remember if I said this already, but Ashleigh would say, "Happy Bir-bey tooo looooo" all day on her birthday and days after.
Justin was a good big brother and let it be her special day. He really likes to take care of her, always making sure she has a toy or truck to play with and has even asked if she has to go potty and encourages her when she is successfull.
That's about all for now. Chris and I went to a wedding on the 30th and I want to post about that sometime. Justin and Asheligh were watched by his sister in law, so it was like a "Date" for Chris and I.
Bye for now.



2 comments:
LOL!!! That is so funny about the 'fire'! It's so something that would happen to me. :)
Happy Happy Birthday Ashleigh, growing up so fast. What a lovely party in the park.
Post a Comment