
I took a picture immediatly after putting them in a vase, so I could remember what they looked like incase they didn't last until Sunday...they didn't change much in two days ;0)
We brought these along (candles) and they were extra added light for eating supper in the dark. Yes, we arrived pretty late...
So because we arrived late (between 6:30 and 7pm), this spot on the beach was one of the only sites left. I was really unsure at first...being so close to the water, not much privacy (2 other couples were to the left of us), and we couldn't park the truck right in our site, but Chris kept assuring me that it was going to be great! The other camp grounds near by would most likely be full, so our only other option was another lake WAY up in the boonies with NO outhouse OR picnic table, kind of a necessity, plus we didn't even pack chairs, or Justin and Ashleigh's picnic table...where to sit? or put our stuff. We decided to try one night.
I am really glad I listened to Chris because it turned out to be more than great! We had a WONDERFUL time. We got to know our neighbor's a bit and they were really not that bad. Yes, their language was not so good (so far the cubs havn't picked it up), but we have to remember, they were the one's yelling at the other people who had their loud music going in the middle of the night! Chris and I didn't hear much as he sleeps deep and I had in earplugs, so we only heard the yelling to turn off music and didn't even know their were people playing on the logs out in the water in front of us! Our HUGE tent was a great divider between us and our neighbors on the beach. Plus, we learned that once we started talking, we couldn't hear what they were saying so much.

Saturday morning, Chris awoke bright and early to go fishing. After breakfast, he took Justin out in the boat while Ashleigh and I tried to set up the play tent (ground was too hard, didn't work) and went for a little walk.

Saturday night, it was so good to eat supper in the day light! I so wanted to get a picture of Justin and Ashleigh eating in the dark the first night, but there was so much to get done with unpacking before dark and such.We decided to stay another night at this site. There were no other sites to move to (within the camp ground), plus we were starting to see the advantages to being so close to the beach...it was less stuff to pack when we went swimming! Justin and Ashleigh were really good about the water. The worst they did was go in with their shoes when throwing rocks. Justin got a feel for the "drop off" with Chris (he had life jacket on, but I don't think he liked that he couldn't touch bottom), so from that time on, he didn't want to go towards that spot. It was pretty shallow until then and we kept a good eye.
Our second night we all slept better, so I'm glad we stayed! Chris and I took turns sitting in the truck with Ashleigh to get her to sleep and putting Justin to bed. Justin didn't even complain about going to sleep the second night (the first night, he wanted to go home) and Ashleigh transferred well from the car seat to the tent. They awoke a couple times in the ngiht, but nothing serious.
By 11:30 Sunday morning, we were packed up and ready to go home. Chris had a birthday party to attend, so we needed to get back in time for that. We really had memorable time and can't wait to go camping again in mid-September with Chris' parents. :0)



2 comments:
Hi. Look You're right in front of me. Wierd.
Sounds like you guys had a fun camping trip. Congrats on 8 years.
My Chris and I are going on 11.
Hope Chris gets home safe. I'm hoping we can get up to visit sometime soon. And if you all want to come to Texas you're welcome here anytime. But we just have a tiny home so bring the tent and we can go camping on the Gulf of Mexico.
Chris' Big sis Heather.
Post a Comment