The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Thursday, July 17, 2014

It was a good, but weird week

We pick the big kids up tomorrow at noon and I can not wait to hear all about their adventures at summer camp.

Chris and I did enjoy the time with just Harvey.  The bath mat lasted all week and so did the block of cheese and container of cottage cheese!

Meal time was quiet, so we had some friends over Tuesday night and we will again tonight.  The company tonight is bringing supper!  Bonus!

What did I accomplish this week?

I:

  •  cleaned the bathroom (it was long over due for a cleaning).
  • took the opportunity to take pictures and videos of Harvey with no other siblings trying to be part of it ;0)  That's ok some of the time, but I wanted some of just him.
  • made apple sauce
  • went for a lovely walk in the Community Forrest with a friend and her toddler, and Harvey
  • cleaned J&A's window sills and gave them clean sheets to come home to (wanted to do so much more tidying in their rooms, but decided to leave it at that).
  • read to Harvey and played with him.  seems I don't do that enough or just take for granted that J&A do.
  • went with Chris to a couple stores and wandered around, just us 3, so strange that the big kids were absent.  
  • ordered sushi to eat at home
  • washed the floor (another thing that was long over due for a cleaning)
  • watched t.v. 
  • went on many morning walks with Harvey, before it got hot, and one evening one with Chris and Harvey.  I finally got to show Chris the backyard that is all garden.  Don't know why I am so drawn to that as he is the gardener around here!
  • hung out in the basement with Harvey.  It is so much cooler down there!
  • finally got caught up with laundry by Wednesday.  I didn't thing there would be much with the big kids away, but I guess when one decides to give everyone clean sheets in the same week, it stacks up!
  • baby sat a friends boys (ages 6&8) for about a half hour.  I think Harvey enjoyed them as well and I wondered if he wonders what happened to his big brother and big sister?
  • thought about and even worried a bit about our big kids.  The house is just too quiet!  They are in good hands, but as a mother I still want to make sure everything is ok with out me :0)
  • didn't get all of my little projects done, but that's ok.  They did not have to be done before the big kids return.
Here is Harvey with daddy. 
You can not really tell, but he is wearing a "Hawaiian onsie" to match Chris who wears a "Hawaiian shirt" every Sunday:

 Harvey on his first Canada Day.  His sunglasses are a little crooked

 That's better.


The pictures that I took this week are still on the camera.

It's time to start baby proofing!  Harvey has become very mobile rolling all over the living room!  This morning, he kicked the cook books off the bottom shelf of the book shelf!

No comments: