| The car port/gazebo. It is a great source of shade this time of year. And again, we are thrilled to have a car port. |
| Picture taken from "gazebo" end. |
| The door way in the car port leads to the entrance way. If you go up two steps, you are in the kitchen. (see to the left of the fridge?) |
Then at the end of the hall way is the bathroom. The sink isn't pink, but that's ok!
There is kind of two little hall ways in this place, or one shaped like a "T". When standing in front of the bathroom, if you turn left, you get to Justin's room. It is a bit farther away from Ashleigh's which I love. I think them sharing a wall when there bedrooms were side by side caused more damage than good. Justin's room was already blue. He loves that he is closer to the bathroom and the cozy carpet. So far his only complaint was that his closet is smaller than Ashleigh's. My reply was, "well, girls usually have more clothes" and he said, "ok".
I forgot to take a picture of our bedroom. It is to the right of the bathroom (at the end of the top of the t-shaped hall way). We kept getting confused because of the two little hall ways. I'd come out of the bathroom and turn to Justin's room, thinking it'd be our's. It probably didn't help that our last place was opposite here (for our bedroom and bathroom) and only had one small hall way.
So, walk back down the hall ways and through the kitchen and you see the dining room to your left and living room to your right ( I am standing in the entrance to living room when.I took this picture) Before we moved in, we explained to the kids that we'd have a "dining room". They said, "what's a dining room?" I guess we have always had our table right in the kitchen with nothing separating it.
We love the china cabinet that can be accessed from the kitchen side as well. We do not have china, so use it for special dishes like dessert bowls and mugs from Chris' travels that only get used once in awhile. It would make a lot of sense to put every day dishes in there as it would make setting the table easier, but I didn't like how full it looked with the plates all stacked in there.
The bird cage is near the entrance to the living room (you can kind of see their cage above) and we find that we pay more attention to them because we walk by them all of the time. In our previous house, they were kind of tucked in the corner of the living room.
To the right of that plant/keyboard table is the door to the front of the house in which we do not use very often, but is handy for going to check the mail or air the place out.
There you have it. I'll post some pics of the back yard and missing rooms later.



No comments:
Post a Comment