Meet our new car named, "Haddi". We just got her last night and I didn't get a chance to take a picture before Chris drove her to Kamloops for the week. I found this picture on the internet and am amazed that the rust marks are in about the same places :0) She is close to this colour and is a 1991 or 1992 Ford Tempo another beater, but is just supposed to tie us over until Chris' truck, "Doreen" is fixed. Getting Doreen on the road has taken longer than we all thought it would and the kids and I have gone about 4 weeks with out a vehicle during the week. We have survived, but I have to admit, I am so done with walking and being house bound. The kids take the bus to and from school most days, but there are some that they have had to walk home due to after school activities. Thankfully there are no hills. I havn't even had to walk to the grocery store as I've stocked up on groceries over the weekends. I mostly just walk to the school to take part in field trips and such. Having a vehicle again, also enables me to be on call for work for the days I don't get shifts (which has been happening a lot lately, so I've just been having lots of time off from work).
Walking was excellent exercise and I am thankful that the weather was pleasant for the most part. I am just worn out!
Well, I better wake the kids and make lunches.
Have a great week!



No comments:
Post a Comment