
I found this picture on the internet and thought it was the perfect way to describe this time of year.
Good bye 2011 and welcome 2012. I am not much in to New Year's resolutions anymore, but do want to set a few goals for the year.
I pray that we (our family of 4) have a deeper understanding for one another and have extra grace and compassion as we adjust to the changes life has brought us. I'll explain. From September 20th to December 14th, Chris was at "Train School" in Calgary, AB and came home for 3 visits in 3 months. We went a long time in between seeing each other. We (the kids and I) developed a "groove" here at home and Chris developed his own "grove" while he was away. Now, we get to be together as a family more often. Chris will be working an hour and a half away from home during the week and home on the weekends. It is a good thing, but different than what we've been doing for the past 3 months, so it does come with some challenges. I am sure it'll all work itself out, we just need to get there ;0)
I'm feeling the urge to purge. Hey that rhymes! We have what some people call a small house, but it is the biggest house we've ever lived in and I refuse to be unhappy with it because of the size. We've acquired stuff (not just from Christmas, I'm talking over the years) and need to get rid of stuff. During the past couple of months, I have been gradually working on organizing our house (particularly the main floor) to be more comfortable. I am grateful for the time I have had to accomplish that. However, there is still the more to be done on the main floor, the basement and kid's rooms that need to be tackled and I prefer to work on their rooms with them. Sure, it would be easier to de-junk the rooms myself, but I want them to be involved. Ay yi yi, not a project I am looking forward to, but it's been put off long enough. Here's to taking pictures of past crafts and making their rooms more comfortable and maybe easier to keep clean!
I'm hoping to pay down some debt this year. Last Spring to now, we acquired some debt, but believe it won't last for long. Some renos and vehicle maintenance just had to get done. Also, Chris took a cut in pay when he began his new job, but we knew it would be worth it in the long run. He has already received a pay increase once the schooling ended and the on the job training began, so things are turning, money wise ;0
That's all of the goals I have for now. Maybe I'll add more later.
I hope all who read this have a healthy, happy and prosperous 2012!




No comments:
Post a Comment