The morning went well. We got up early, so it wouldn't be rushed. There was even enough time for Justin to learn a new song on his guitar! Chris and he learned together, some CCR tune.


Chris found a little tutorial on the internet (our tv is a computer monitor).

Ashleigh sporting her new back pack.

Silly girl.

Tough boy.

Happy boy.

Justin sporting his new back pack.

I think Justin is pretending to be a puppy dog.

Mother and Daughter.

This isn't the greatest picture of me, but oh well. I wanted a picture with my kiddies.

It was just a half day, so after lunch, I thought it would be fun to take Chris' car for a joy ride, just the kids and I. It was hot (which is why Chris chose to stay home), but we had fun. :0) We picked up some slushees and after dropping one off for Chris, we tootled around town with the windows rolled down (the car has no a/c) and the wind blowing our hair around.
I thought it would be fun to stop at the lake and just get our feet wet. That didn't go so well because Justin wanted to get his whole body wet. Why wouldn't he, that's what we usually do at the lake?! He did well though, and only splashed a bit.
We had a bit of a melt down on the way home. I'm thinking because they were hot and hungry and there was a lot of excitement going on, being the first day of public school.

After we all calmed down and I vacuumed the sand out of the car, the kids and I washed it and took turns spraying the hose at the car and each other.

It sure was a hot day! There were many more hot days too. It was so strange having 30ยบ weather in the beginning of September, but it kind of made up for the lousy July.
No comments:
Post a Comment