The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

They have no idea


Next week, Chris is going to be away again for work. I decided it would be fun to surprise the kids and take then on a little "get-a-way" to a hotel for 2 nights :0) :0) :0) There will be an indoor swimming pool, waterslide and hopefully some good lounging around ;0)

(This is not a picture of where we'll be going. It is just one that I found on the internet under "get-a-ways")

Unfortunately, yesterday, Justin heard me talking on the phone (yeah, I should have went to the basement where no one could hear me, to make the reservations) and figured out that something is up. Fortunately, he just heard the day (I don't want to share all the details of when I am going to be gone).

So, he told Ashleigh and all yesterday and today, they have been guessing and think they know where we'll be going. I told them it's a surprise and am not saying anything. They think we'll be going to some one's house. I keep saying "nope, nope, nope, not gonna say". They really have no idea and I am lovin' the fact that it's still a "surprise".

Yesterday, in the vehicle, Ashleigh said something so cute and it went kind of like this: "you're not a good surpriser mom...nice try...I know where we are going because I have a smart brain!"

I can not wait to witness their excitement once they figure out the surprise. I plan to pack their suitcases the night before and not tell them until we get there!

2 comments:

Jocelyn Lord said...

Oooohhhh sounds like a lot of fun. Your children are going to have SUCH a great time. Looking forward to seeing pictures from your get-a-away!

P.S. I love the picture of ashleigh at her first day of ballet. Is she enjoying it?

Caroline said...

Thanks for commenting Jocelyn!
Yes, I will have to take pictures ;0)
Hopefully I won't forget the camera...

Ashleigh LOVES ballet! She had her first exam on Saturday and that was a bit confusing to explain, but I'm sure she did fine. Everything had to be just so, which was kind of weird, but I am learning this whole ballet thing from other moms (no earings, undies, bun WITH a hair net, etc).