The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Thursday, November 04, 2010

Chris and I Went Out on a Date!!


Saturday October 16th, my mom was in town and she offered to watch the kids so that Chris and I could go out on a date.


We were going to go out for coffee or ice cream, but then friends of ours phoned and asked if we wanted to go and see a movie with them...a "double date"!!


A movie?! Really?! It had been so long since we last went to a
movie...like 7.5 years! The last time we went to a movie was four days before Justin was born!!!







We talked it over with mom and she was game.

We had a gift certificate to redeem (from my birthday in March) that included 2 admissions, 2 drinks and one pop corn.

So away we went. But first, we went to McDonalds, just Chris and I, for a McFlurry. It only cost $3.12 for us each to have one because I work there ;0)


Chris bought some nachos for $5.99, bringing the total of the date to $9.11!!! I don't know how much it would be if we had to pay for a baby sitter, etc...maybe triple the above price or more?!








We saw, "Life As We Know It" and enjoyed it. It was a chick flick, with some comedy, so not too sappy for the guys ;0)

Thanks Mom for watching the kids and thank you Mark and Sarah for the great idea and being part of our "double date night"! (and taking pictures :0) )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Movie dates are my favorite. Especially when we have a gift certificate!

Jocelyn Lord said...

What fun! I'm glad that you got a chance to get out and enjoy some time alone together. Looks like you had fun!

Rachel said...

Im glad you got to go out with your husband. It was a well deserved date! Glad you had fun.