The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Step by Step

Well, since May 16th, Chris has completed the molding on a little wall between our kitchen and living room, the upstairs bathroom and the hall way upstairs.

Today he got around the linen closet done!

Here is a before picture. Look at that awful carpet! It's not the greatest picture, but you can see the old molding. Ewwwww.

And here is after! I know, I know, the doors need to be painted, but still this is a HUGE improvement!



Check out the grains in the wood on this side!

Thanks honey! You're the best!

Now, I need YOUR advice on what colour to paint the doors. My first thought was white, but I am going to need to definitly prime them and then paint 2-3 coats of paint. Also, I'd have to buy the primer and paint. My second thought was "highland buff", which is what the wall colour is, a yellowy, peach colour. I thought of this because I'm pretty sure I already have some primer and half a 5 gallon bucket of paint in that colour.

What do you think?

Oh, one more thing. I just had to take a picture of our tiger lily. It came with the house when we bought it 3 years ago and we never really knew what it was, but watered it anyway. This year, it bloomed!


3 comments:

Jocelyn Lord said...

The trim looks great! It always gives a room a much more finished look. The nice thing about your tim is that you can actually see the lovely wood grain. Itr sure is nice to see progress hey? that tiger lily looks lovely - esspecially surrounded by those rocks. Looking good :0)

Caroline said...

Hey Joce!
Glad you dropped by ;0)
Yes, the tiger lily is amazing. I can't believe there are 4 blooms this year! All this time, we would only get one leafy part and no blooms. I thought it was a lupin. It's out front, near the garbage can and adds some beauty to our entrance.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh -- colours.... have you SEEN what I did to our door? Turquoise....smile! BUT -- It DOES match the walls. Makes for a LOT of the same colour. IF you go highland buff it will be a LOT of the same colour -- but hey -- you can DECORATE the door too.... add details that are not there right now. I did. ;) Plus it would save some $$ -- also cool. Play with it -- if you use what you have and it does not work -- try try again. At least it will be primed! ~Jessica