The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Home School Hike

A couple Wednesdays ago, we went on a hike with some 4 other home school familes. There were 18 of us all together (moms and children).

It was a loooooooooooooooooooonnngggg 2.5 hr hike, but an adventure and I think all in all, Justin and Ashleigh enjoyed it.

Oh, before I forget, I must mention something funny that Justin said. We were walking along and Justin mentioned something about seeing a cougar face. I wasn't really worried and thought he just saw a sign or something. Another mom asked, "do you know what you do if you see a cougar?" Justin's reply was, "yeah, shoot it and EAT it!" We all laughed and then discussed what one really should do (raise your arms to make yourself look bigger and yell).

For those of you who don't know, we actually did eat cougar ribs this summer while visiting Chris' parents. Chris' dad had shot one prior to our visit. It tasted not too bad!

So now, some pictures:


The first thing we saw was a HUGE bird nest in a small tree! Justin had run up ahead of me and spotted it with some friends. He came running back to tell me what they saw.

It was a beautiful sunny day (even though you don't see it here), and the scenery was gorgeous! This is Ashleigh and farm in behind.

Justin took this picture.


This lake was so calm. Amazing view.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We often talk about whether or not cougar meat would taste good. I just don't think I could eat a feline.