The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Monday, January 14, 2008

I went shopping!

I needed something to hold our garlic and ginger and found this:
(they are really for stationery, but works for me)



They are two pieces that stack beautifully!

I was fed up with Chris' tools mixing with the spices, so found this shelf! He does have a proper tool box (in the basement), but there are tools he wants kept "handy", so they end up here.

The shelf JUST fit. I was so pleased that it JUST fit as I had no measurements with me. If it didn't work, I thought I could use it for shoes or something else. I actually had to cut the legs (with my awesome bread knife), they were longer than shown.


Oh, and I also spotted these:

I needed to organize my piano books! I also went through all of my piano music and recycled a whole dictation books that I don't need anymore as well as photocopied music! (gasp!)




I guess no one wanted to come for a "sleep over" in our new guest room, so we went with our first plan of making a "storage room". Chris built the shelves to fit these boxes perfect. Now we don't have to tackle tons of boxes when we want one thing. They are stacked max. two high. We do plan to unpack most of them, in time. Once Chris gets his "office" complete, he can unpack his "electronic stuff". There are also some books in other boxes.



Now we have a place to store the leaves for our table. They used to be under our bed (in a previous house). I am pleased to say we don't have ANYTHING under our bed in this place! (except dust bunnies) Chris had a whole library of books under our bed in a previous house! When we moved, we lifted up the bed and I filled a box!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had to laugh about how you cut the shelf legs with your bread knife. That's so something I would do!

Caroline said...

yeah, well, unfortunately I got in trouble for it! ah well, didn't break the knife, just not good for it.