The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Friday, August 31, 2007

New roof, new tap & visitors!

Last weekend, Chris and the neighbors worked hard and put a new roof on the place. We're so greatfull that everyone in the 4-plex wanted to participate (we could have done just our section if they didn't want to)

We don't have an after picture, but here are some of them working on it!




this was the view of our kitchen window. Neighbor Chris' dump truck pulled right up to the house to collect the old shingles! What a blessing that was. We didn't have to rent a big bin, just had to pay for the dump fee!

could barely open the screen door!

__ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ .

NEW TAP FOR THE KITCHEN SINK!!!

Before:


After!
That's sawdust under the cord behind the tap. Chris had to drill a hole. I'm sure once I clean it up and polish it, it'll look better, but I wanted to snap a pic before I forgot. (yes, I did clean the saw dust mess)

__ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ . __ .

VISITORS!

This week we had the Beaudry Family come and visit us. Here is a picture of us in our back yard. Phillip and Justin are holding their alligators. Everyone got toys from the Beaudry Family!


I made bread and Ashleigh, Phillip and Justin made their own special loaf. It was waiting for them when they woke up in the morning and they enjoyed it at breakfast :0)

So glad the roof got done before the end of summer. Next on the list of things to do is putting some sod down where we took out a flower bed and knocking down a WALL to make our kitchen bigger!

Bye for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys have definitely been keeping busy! Your place is really coming together.

Anonymous said...

I can't beleive the roof is already done! Holy mackerel! That was super quick - you folk don't waste any time!
We miss you guys! I feel like we haven't seen you guys for eons!
We'll get together soon. Ben doesn't start pre-school until the 12th! So we are open all next week if that works for you! Talk to you soon & thanks for the e-mail re: our vid. :-)
Marnie