
Ok, I don't know how to take the underline off and it's too time consuming to mess with it, so I am just going to let it be.
Friday the 13th, at 10:30sih, our Realtors Dawn and Steve dropped our house key off...an hour and a half early!!! Since it's vacant, they tried really hard to get it to us asap. Cool, eh?
We couldn't wait to open the door to our new home, so I quickly packed a lunch and we headed on over. My mom was visiting, so she came too. :0)
When we arrived, Mom toured the place and I lay a blanket on the kitchen floor and we had our picnic lunch. Ashleigh kept asking where the table was ;0)
Then, ICE CREAM CONES!!!! (something pre-planned) Mmmmmm. It was sure hot, so we didn't stay long.
Mom and I went over to the park that is just across the street, while Chris went to the hard ware store as he needed to get some supplies to start painting. We didn't stay at the park long though. Justin and Ashleigh attempted to play on the slides, but they were just too hot.
We decided to go swimming at the kiddie pool which is just down the street from the place we are currently renting, and mom headed back for home.
In the evening, I packed up supper ingredients (kraft dinner) and headed over to the new place for supper and again, ICE CREAM CONES!!! A fun way to C
ELEBRATE our new home!!!
Here are Justin and Ashleigh at their picnic table which we'll leave there as it's so handy for them.
(hey, the underline quit all on it's own!)
We stayed for a bit after supper and then played at the park across the street before going home and getting ready for bed. Chris stayed behind and did more painting prep. He got the first coat on Ashleigh's room. She picked "Green" and Justin picked "Blue" We got a whole bunch of paint chip samples and Chris chose the second to last lightest color on each "strip". Justin's is "Blue Danube" and Ashleigh's is "Farm Life Green". When he showed them, they both said, "ohhhhhhh!"
I'll have to take pictures of the painting progress. Last night, he got the first coat on Justin's room and our's mudded. There were 25 finishing nails in our room!!!!! Needless to say Chris was wiped from all the mudding!!!
So each day, something new is done and it's fun to go over after Chris has had some alone time to work, to check it out. Justin and Ashleigh are at a good age to notice and get excited about everything. I'm starting to get excited too. It is becoming more real, but I have to say the day we got the key, it felt kind of wierd. I kept thinking it would seem more real when we said good bye to this place, but now that Chris has slapped some paint on the walls and we've made a few trips back and forth, it's becoming more real. God is so GOOD!
Friday the 13th, at 10:30sih, our Realtors Dawn and Steve dropped our house key off...an hour and a half early!!! Since it's vacant, they tried really hard to get it to us asap. Cool, eh?
We couldn't wait to open the door to our new home, so I quickly packed a lunch and we headed on over. My mom was visiting, so she came too. :0)
When we arrived, Mom toured the place and I lay a blanket on the kitchen floor and we had our picnic lunch. Ashleigh kept asking where the table was ;0)
Then, ICE CREAM CONES!!!! (something pre-planned) Mmmmmm. It was sure hot, so we didn't stay long.
Mom and I went over to the park that is just across the street, while Chris went to the hard ware store as he needed to get some supplies to start painting. We didn't stay at the park long though. Justin and Ashleigh attempted to play on the slides, but they were just too hot.
We decided to go swimming at the kiddie pool which is just down the street from the place we are currently renting, and mom headed back for home.
In the evening, I packed up supper ingredients (kraft dinner) and headed over to the new place for supper and again, ICE CREAM CONES!!! A fun way to C
ELEBRATE our new home!!!Here are Justin and Ashleigh at their picnic table which we'll leave there as it's so handy for them.
(hey, the underline quit all on it's own!)
We stayed for a bit after supper and then played at the park across the street before going home and getting ready for bed. Chris stayed behind and did more painting prep. He got the first coat on Ashleigh's room. She picked "Green" and Justin picked "Blue" We got a whole bunch of paint chip samples and Chris chose the second to last lightest color on each "strip". Justin's is "Blue Danube" and Ashleigh's is "Farm Life Green". When he showed them, they both said, "ohhhhhhh!"
I'll have to take pictures of the painting progress. Last night, he got the first coat on Justin's room and our's mudded. There were 25 finishing nails in our room!!!!! Needless to say Chris was wiped from all the mudding!!!
So each day, something new is done and it's fun to go over after Chris has had some alone time to work, to check it out. Justin and Ashleigh are at a good age to notice and get excited about everything. I'm starting to get excited too. It is becoming more real, but I have to say the day we got the key, it felt kind of wierd. I kept thinking it would seem more real when we said good bye to this place, but now that Chris has slapped some paint on the walls and we've made a few trips back and forth, it's becoming more real. God is so GOOD!



No comments:
Post a Comment