The Glorious Goofy Gilbank Gang IS ABOUT TO GET MORE GLORIOUS AND GOOFIER!!!

We are a family of five, plus three God Children. We also have a Shih Tzu dog. We are Chris, Caroline, Justin, Ashleigh and Harvey.
Our God children are Daniel, Lou
and George .

Friday, March 09, 2007

Last year in my "Twenty's"




Yesterday I turned 29! What a great day. Long, but good. It started off with Justin waking up dry, so that pleased me and at the end of the day, Ashleigh told me she had to go peed (that's how she says it) and went on potty! Doesn't take much to make my day! ha ha ha.

I thought of taking the kids out, on the bus, for something to do, but it was rainy, so we stayed in. I decided we should make a cake. I already bought one from the gelato place for the evening (mmmmmmmm), but one can never eat too many cakes on their birthday, right? Can't fool Justin though. He came in the kitchen as I was about to take out the mixer and said, "what are you making mom? a cake?"


I had just enough icing sugar to make the icing. Phew! The chocolate cake called for mayonaise instead of butter. It was quite tasty! We enjoyed some after quiet time.


We are hitting our hands on the table yelling, "cake! cake! cake!"






Finally Chris got home from work and I zipped out with Diana, to pick up Chris' prescription he needed for today and a few things at grocery store and order pizza from my cell phone in the grocery store, trying to time things right. I really wanted it delivered, but the wait was like one to one and a half hours! No thanks. I picked it up and it was only 1/2 hr wait. Didn't have to cook, so still a bonus!



After pizza, we all went to the living room (Our family of 4 plus Steve and Diana's family of 3...they are due next week) and opened gifts. Justin and Ashleigh had so much fun playing with the wrapping paper!

Then it was time for cakes! (We still had some left over from this afternoon).



Chris and Steve placed the "2" and "9" like this, I didn't mind.



Steve and Diana and Baby


After cake, I received a phone call from a friend and soon it was time for Steve and Diana to go and Justin and Ashleigh to go to bed. It was looong past their bed time!
Thank you Diana for getting Justin and Ashleigh ready for bed and Chris and Steve for cleaning up the kitchen!

It was a good day and week! I was very blessed with birthday cards (receiving one Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday), emails and phone calls! Thank you everyone!

So, it's another year and next year it's the big "3-0"! Wahoo!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know it was your bday!!! Happy Birthday!
sounds like you have had a great day!!!
tawny

Anonymous said...

thank you tawny!

the jordans said...

Yes and Happy Birthday! You never let on you! I haven't seen your blog for awhile as well.... I love the changes and colours!

Caroline said...

thanks Cadi!

Anonymous said...

Oh! I missed your birthday while I was away. Happy, Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like it was fun...and yummy! And you look amazing, by the way.

Caroline said...

Thank you Sonya!