
Saturday September 30th, 2006, Chris and I attended the wedding of Eric and Judy Warner. Eric and Chris grew up together, part of their child hood. I was also very good friends with Eric's mom when Chris and I lived in Powell River for 4 months in the year 2000.
The wedding was at 11am in Abbotsford. By 9am, we left the house to first drive to Aldergrove to drop off Justin and Ashleigh. They got to play with their cousin Tika, who is a year older than Justin, for the day. Chris' sister-in-law, aka Aunty B (B is for Bianca) was in charge.
Chris and I then got back in the car and it was weird because it was just us and it was "quiet".
When we arrived at the church where the wedding was held, we chatted with some people we know and then enjoyed the beautiful ceremony.
In between the ceremony and reception, we went out to Tim Horten's with some people we knew.
The whole time, I was delighted that Chris and I got some time out, just us...like a DATE.
There was a slide show of pictures of the bride and groom all throughout their childhood. I was a bit emotional, watching that. Then the mother of the groom shared her "toast" and I got all teary eyed again. THEN I missed Justin and Ashleigh and was ready to go pick them up.
We were pleased to hear that they were VERY well behaved for Aunty B and all went well! Yahoo!
Here is a picture of Judy and Eric with Eric's parents:

and here is a picture of Judy and Eric in different wedding attire, cutting their cake:

We had a wonderful time and am so glad it all worked out well. The reception was finished by 3:30ish and we picked up the children by 4 and got home in time to make supper, so it wasn't too late of a night.
That's all for now.
I must get some shut eye. We pick Daddy up from the airport tomorrow. He's been in Italy since Tuesday. This time with him away went much better than the last 2 times he was gone for 10 days. I planned LOTS for the week, meeting with friends, etc. and we just kept busy.
Bye for now.



2 comments:
I'm so glad that you and Chris got to go out together alone! You really need to do that more often...then you won't miss the kids so much. :) I find that we don't ditch our kids enough!! LOL
sonya - well I confess, I didn't miss them for a long long time in the 5 hrs we were without them. After the mother of the groom's "toast" I did and it was a good feeling because I was a little worried it took me so long to miss them!
Post a Comment